Roundslings are manufactured to BS 6668 Part 2: 1987. Roundslings
conform to "The supply of machinery (Safety) regulations"
1992, (S1 1992/3073) and have a safety factor of 7:1. Capacities
are colour coded to indicate the working load limit.
are manufactured from high tenacity 100% Polyester fibre. The load
bearing fibres are wound together to form an endless hank. The working
load limit is determined by the number of turns in the hank.
hank is then protected by a Polyester, non load bearing, seamless
cover. This protects and consolidates the load bearing fibres and
internal damage to these fibres is virtually impossible without
first damaging the outer cover.
slings are individually labelled stating sling number, material
, length, date of manufacture and other relevant safety information.
- High strength to weight ratio
- Light and flexible
- Ability to absorb shock loads
- Does not damage delicate and painted surfaces
- Flattens under load
- Twist or kink resistant
- Unaffected by grease and oils
- No risk of injury to operator
- Ideal for choke application
- Wears evenly along the length
- Load bearing fibres protected from the load, giving greater resistance